How to get into Infinity TS3 [Updated]

Started by Sgt.Soldier™, March 27, 2014, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt.Soldier™

How to join the Infinity Community TeamSpeak 3

Figured I'd post a updated guide on how to join the TS3

Firstly , for those of you who may be new to TeamSpeak , TeamSpeak is a voice chat client similar to Ventrilo or Mumble (If you know/have used those),it allows you to join a server of your choice and you can have your friends as well join and you can all chat together. TeamSpeak 3 in my opinion from what I know has more features than Ventrilo and Mumble and is a favored choice. Most people use TS3 to voice chat while gaming to keep in-touch with their friends. (Example playing League of Legends,to keep in touch and strategize via voice chat while playing) Also no worries, TeamSpeak 3 has text chat as well,but most people use the voice. Now onto the guide.

• First thing you will need to do is download the TS3 Client by going here

Supported OS : Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista or 7 | Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or newer | A reasonably modern Linux environment with libstdc++6. (Note: that Linux distributors may provide packages which have different requirements. )
For further System Requirements please refer to here

• Next , after downloading the appropriate client you will need to run the installer and go through the set-up. A Guide for that can be found below: (It's pretty simple and straight forward but if you need help please refer to the video provided by TeamSpeak)
    [C1.1] TeamSpeak 3 Client - Windows Installation and Setup

• Now that your all set-up with TeamSpeak 3 Installed and Configured (Basics) it's time to connect to the Infinity TeamSpeak , to do this as shown in the tutorial (Assuming you followed it) you'll see near the end it shows you how to connect and all you have to do is import our servers ip address which is ts3.infinity-css.com , there is no server password.

Please Note the below is completely Optional,this is just to save time if you want to.

• If you would like to keep this server in your bookmarks so you don't have to do a manual connect each time:
    When you open up your TeamSpeak 3 (After Set-Up) Proceed to click 'Bookmarks' as seen in the photo below:

After doing so click 'Manage Bookmarks' from the dropdown menu (Note: You can also hit Ctrl+B as a shortcut)

• Now you should have a box open up to set-up your bookmarks as shown below:

From here,it's pretty self-explanatory just as from the tutorial you watched but from here you want to Set the 'Address' to ts3.infinity-css.com , Label can be whatever , I went with Infinity TS3, and leave everything else blank.

You can also check at the bottom left 'Connect on Startup' and this will make it so TeamSpeak 3 will automatically connect to Infinity TS3 when you open TS3.

Now your all set-up! Hope to see in TS3 sometime,

If you are still having problems connecting to the TS3 , please refer to posting below and I'll or even the community will try to help out as best we can. Thanks.

- |∞| Sgt.Soldier™

TeamSpeak 3 - ts3.infinity-css.com

Captain Cupcakes

Sincerely,

Captain Cupcakes - Retired Senior Staff

Nebula

Great tutorial, very detailed and superb
Retired Senior Staff

Soldier Kirby

Captain Cupcakes

Sincerely,

Captain Cupcakes - Retired Senior Staff