September 07, 2024, 10:00:52 pm

Author Topic: How to be a Good member!  (Read 22804 times)

Offline AssassinsWeed

• VIP

• STEAM_0:1:42604535
    • View Profile
How to be a Good member!
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »
7 easy steps to being a great member in Infinity Community!

1. Learn the MOTD (Type Motd in-game to read the Infinity Motd, Rpg-Jb,Reg-Jb or, Minigames Dicussion and read the MOTD.)
2. Be active in-game and on the forums!
3. Be a fun player to play with, but don't let anyone get away with breaking the rules, even your friends.
4. Don't lie, lies always catch up to you no matter how good you think it was.
5. Make friendships with the admins.
6. Report abusive admins so the servers will stay populated and free of admins who abuse.
7. Most important of all, be mature don't let petty things anger you. Maturity is a must if you are going to be respected.

There are two types of people in this world, the ones that support democracy, and then there are the sane ones.

Offline Harryhemp

• STEAM_0:1:58099169
    • View Profile
Re: How to be a Good member!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:57:32 pm »
Hey,
I definitely agree with you for the most part. Although I believe there are certain details or aspects that you may have left out.

E.G.

2. Be active in-game and on the forums!  Your point is valid but Members should be sure to be active on all servers of the Infinity Community.

3. Be a fun player to play with, but don't let anyone get away with breaking the rules, even your friends. Don't let anyone break the rules, even your friends.. or yourself. Show self control & Maturity.

5. Make friendships with the admins. Again, great point. Who better than the administrative staff to build a friendship with ? Although, as a member you should remember to create enjoyable relationships with all players on all servers. Infinity is a community, it hosts three fantastic servers & a great forum so everyone may feel welcome.

6. Report abusive admins so the servers will stay populated and free of admins who abuse. Remember to be prepared with evidence if accusing an admin. It's not okay to waste the time of others or wrongly accuse anyone.

7. Most important of all, be mature don't let petty things anger you. Maturity is a must if you are going to be respected. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I simply aimed to aid make the post more clear for the readers. I believe understanding & communication is a necessity in any relationship or team. Wonderful Post !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:35:19 pm by Harryhemp »
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." — Tom Clancy

Offline Sgt.Soldier™

• Chocobo

• STEAM_0:1:41062954
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:36:55 am »
Hey,
I definitely agree with you for the most part. Although I believe there are certain details or aspects that you may have left out.

E.G.

2. Be active in-game and on the forums!  Your point is valid but Members should be sure to be active on all servers of the Infinity Community.

Players don't need to be active on all servers,in most communities I doubt players are active on 'all servers' , they would only play the ones that fit their tastes and I guess 'needs' as well.

TeamSpeak 3 - ts3.infinity-css.com

Offline Harryhemp

• STEAM_0:1:58099169
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:09:39 am »
Hey,

E.G.

Players don't need to be active on all servers,in most communities I doubt players are active on 'all servers' , they would only play the ones that fit their tastes and I guess 'needs' as well.

You're right. I don't think anybody "needs" to play on "all servers". But we all understand that servers are not free. That being said; as Members I think we should all take the time to be considerate enough to actually used whats being payed for. & Perhaps that's not how it works in most communities, but we aren't "most communities". We are The Infinity Community & We're bigger, badder & better than everyone else.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." — Tom Clancy

Offline Lelouch Lamperouge

• Retired Sr. Staff
  • VIP

• STEAM_0:1:21732298
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »
How to be a good admin. YOU DO AS I SAY ! Lelouch OUT 8) 8) 8)
I'll slit the backs of your heels and drop a cell phone on the ground and drag you to the other side and see if you can crawl to the phone before bleeding out, except you wont know the phones not real unless you crawl like i ask.

Offline Sgt.Soldier™

• Chocobo

• STEAM_0:1:41062954
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:12:53 am »
Hey,

E.G.

You're right. I don't think anybody "needs" to play on "all servers". But we all understand that servers are not free. That being said; as Members I think we should all take the time to be considerate enough to actually used whats being payed for. & Perhaps that's not how it works in most communities, but we aren't "most communities". We are The Infinity Community & We're bigger, badder & better than everyone else.

True and also well said,but nice as they can be it's not a requirement. Just play the server(s) you prefer and like to play.

How to be a good admin. YOU DO AS I SAY ! Lelouch OUT 8) 8) 8)

Lol, I think how to be a good admin is already covered in :

How to be the "Perfect Admin"

We want you to understand that we're trying to populate the Community/Server.
We want you to Freeze>Slay>Kick>Ban not just instant banning people because you have the power.
One of the reasons we have Admins is so the Owners don't have to be constantly watching the server. (We are often busy making the server a better place for the players and you of course)
We don't like Admin abuse. If you donated or earned your Admin powers we expect you to use them wisely. (Not to help you but to help the server)
We expect our Admins to understand the Server Rules and to help others understand them.
"Walk softly but carry a big stick"
Do not ask for a Promotion.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

TeamSpeak 3 - ts3.infinity-css.com